Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:34:38 +0100

Sergio Bayarri Gausi wrote...
> It's my *sister*. I guess I can trust her. On the other hand, she won't
> download anything she isn't already downloading on her computer (running
> emule in Windows).

maybe she wont accept beeing only a user on your mldonkey because you
(as the admin) can then see all the pr0n shes downloading ;)

> What about a Linux server, with multiple shell accounts. A machine in an
> University, for example. Each user in that machine can download warez
> (ftp, web, GiFT, ...), hack other systems, or even run his own mldonkey
> client! If you are the system administrator of that machine, you are not
> responsible for what your users are doing (without your knowledge).

Yes but the line is then owned by the university - so the responsible
user has to be tracked down....on private lines you are the owner and
automatically responsible for everything....thats the difference (i
know this from experience because once i was that university admin)