Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:23:51 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> Maybe mu-system/nice interface isn't so important for the client to
> work, but every contribution / feature request is important. Because if
> you punish people for sharing their ideas, you might miss _the_ idea for
> important parts (source-management etc.), because the person having this
> idea is feared of getting flamed at. And i consider the new_html_gui the
>   one of best thing happened (feel free to flame me)

More than that, a fancy interface (which emule has and mldonkey hadn't
until now) and a multiuser feature (which would be useful in a lot of
scenarios and Emule *hasn't*) are the things that would push people to use
mldonkey.

I can't tell my sister to use mldonkey through the telnet interface, but
she will love to use it via web (it's soooo beautiful right now) or
mldonkeywatch (it's not so different from Emule or more difficult right
now). And she'd rather use mldonkey if she will be able to turn off her
computer (and continue downloading from internet), having better download
rates (better download rates comparing to what she gets when both my
mldonkey and her Emule fights for the bandwith -a limited and precious
ressource-).

As Dek said, I see more pros in this idea than cons.

Greetings,

Sergio