[Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...

From: Aniruddha Shankar
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:53:44 +0530

Hi. I've recently moved to an area where there is no "broadband" in the real sense of the term - "broadband" here consists of a 64 kilobits (theoretically 8 kilobytes) per second connection. The idiot ISP that I have insists that i have to pay 9 times what I'm currently paying in order to double the bandwidth.

The question is this: When using mldonkey, there's a certain bandwidth below which it becomes almost unusable. I'd be less unhappy about my situation if mldonkey would download at 8 kilobytes per second... or even at 4 kilobytes per second... or even at 3! ... what happens with almost every download is that it starts off at 0.1k, goes all the way up to 1k and then stops. This problem is not seen when I have a 128kilobytes per second connection which happened when the idiot ISP got it's router buggered up...

The question is... what can I do to increase the data transfer speed on my low-bandwidth connection ?