Re: [Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...

From: mldonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:30:06 +0100

kami petersen wrote:
do you notice that other downloads (try a known good ftp) becomes slow when you have mldonkey running like this? maybe then, you are allowing to much upload, so that your upload bandwidth becomes totally saturated. this means that syn/ack signals that you send back to the people you download from gets delayed and thus your download speed is throttled.

This is only a problem if upstream and downstream of your internet connection are separated, like e.g. DSL. The 64 kbit connections that I know (ISDN) share the upstream/downstream bandwidth. Is that the case here? (Question to original poster)

Still I'd try to tweak the settings (max_upload_slots, max_hard_upload_rate [not too high, not too low], max_opened_connections, max_concurrent_downloads, max_connections_per_second, max_indirect_connections [should be > max_opened_connections], ...)

Regards,
phoenix