Re: [Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...

From: mldonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] using mldonkey on VERY low-bandwidth connections...
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 19:53:40 +0100

Traumflug wrote:
For the ISDN I'm currently sitting at I can get 7.3 KB/s for download only while I get roughly a sum of 12 KB/s for download and upload at the same time. This hints for separated streams?

That's strange. Are you sure that these values are correct? Better try to compare _average_ values that were accumulated over some time when up- and downloading at full speed. If you just add up the speed averaged over some seconds, you can get inaccurate results that may look as if you were transferring more than your actual bandwidth.

With ISDN, you only get 64 kbit/s shared bandwidth (or 128 kbit/s shared bandwidth with multiple channels, but hardly anyone is using that).

Regards,
phoenix