monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Re: Please have a look at the odm.for-mtn-1.0 bran

From: Francis Russell
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Re: Please have a look at the odm.for-mtn-1.0 branch
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:24:16 +0000

Hi Richard,

I had a go at building the package and noticed a couple of things:

- configure reports a strange warning about the unrecognised option
"--disable-maintainer-mode".

- I can't seem to work out why source-highlight and mime-construct are
build dependencies of monotone (as opposed to Recommends of
monotone-extras).

- monotone-extras references highlight-source in the Recommends and
description fields. I can't find any Debian package with that name so I
guess those are both meant to be source-highlight?

- When the build starts running the unit tests, I get the following:

./run_lua_tests
This test suite cannot be run as the root user.
Please try again with a normal user account.

This is a 64-bit system running Debian testing, using revision
6f510448e4ae40bb567126c036b35326f567914a of the packaging and the 0.99.1
monotone tarball. I ran the build using "dpkg-buildpackage -b".

Francis