monotone-debian

Re: [Monotone-debian] Re: Please have a look at the odm.for-mtn-1.0 bran

From: Richard Levitte
Subject: Re: [Monotone-debian] Re: Please have a look at the odm.for-mtn-1.0 branch
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 08:20:03 +0100 (CET)

In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 26 Feb 2011 05:58:59 +0100 (CET), Richard
Levitte <address@hidden> said:

richard> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 26 Feb 2011 05:49:24 +0100 (CET),
Richard Levitte <address@hidden> said:
richard>
richard> richard> In message <address@hidden> on Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:24:16
+0000, Francis Russell <address@hidden> said:
richard> richard>
richard> richard> francis> - When the build starts running the unit tests, I
get the
richard> richard> francis>   following:
richard> richard> francis>
richard> richard> francis> ./run_lua_tests
richard> richard> francis> This test suite cannot be run as the root user.
richard> richard> francis> Please try again with a normal user account.
richard> richard>
richard> richard> *augh*
richard> richard> I've disabled checks for a while, so I missed that one...
and that
richard> richard> message is the reason you have to have so convoluted ways to
support
richard> richard> -A and -B (Reading to policy 4.9, it seems to encourage you
to disable
richard> richard> the build target altogether and have building done through the
richard> richard> binary|binary-arch|binary-indep targets...  and
dpkg-buildpackage does
richard> richard> that via fakeroot...  hence the error message.
richard> richard> Ooook, back to the older drawing.  And I though I was so
clever...
richard>
richard> Hold that thought, it might be a upstream problem...

No, it wasn't an upstream problem.

I solved this, not by going back in rules, but by disabling the
effects on fakeroot for certain build targets (via overrides), using a
script I wrote, called 'nofakeroot'.

See revision bfa37daabbec03c935dcce650f0a038b93e76019.

Cheers,
Richard

                                        http://richard.levitte.org/