[Monotone-devel] Getting Started--monotone: misuse: no default author na

From: Adam Logghe
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Getting Started--monotone: misuse: no default author name for branch
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:57:04 -0700

I'm stuck on 2.3 "Adding Files" when I attempt to use "monotone commit"

Is there a workaround for this error? I'm following the "getting started
" section.

I've tried using exactly the values of $USER and $HOSTNAME for genkey,
and I even tried to override the lua hook "get_author".

Is there a command line way or perhaps something in MT/options that I've
just missed?

I noticed that Nico saw this error as well in the message
"bug reports / first impression" but he doesn't mention how he overrode it.

Adam