Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction

From: Zbynek Winkler
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 00:24:38 +0200

Zbynek Winkler wrote:

I've converted to Mercurial and I had 2 main reasons:

1) not being able to compile monotone with gcc -- Mercurial is in Python

2) the need for custom 'server' and not being able to easily use one machine for multiple projects (one running instance of monotone handles only one database and I didn't want to put unreleated projects to the same database) -- Mercurial can export repositories over http using a Python cgi script (I can have as many different repositiories exported as I want) and any user with the right to execute cgi script can export repo without additional privileges

I forgot 3) Mercurial has got a local sequential number for each revision in addition to the long hash ;)

Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic