Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction

From: Nathaniel Smith
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Merging cvssync in small pieces: Pipe abstraction
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:07:41 -0700

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 04:44:06PM +0200, Zbynek Winkler wrote:
> 2) the need for custom 'server' and not being able to easily use one
> machine for multiple projects (one running instance of monotone handles
> only one database and I didn't want to put unreleated projects to the
> same database) -- Mercurial can export repositories over http using a
> Python cgi script (I can have as many different repositiories exported
> as I want) and any user with the right to execute cgi script can export
> repo without additional privileges

Note that Monotone can theoretically do this too (actually, without
even using CGI), with the python library sitting in
net.venge.monotone.dumb.  It needs some love -- a usable command-line
front-end, support for more protocols, etc. -- but this is a small
matter of python programming.  Just want to make sure people are
aware... ;-)

"But suppose I am not willing to claim that.  For in fact pianos
are heavy, and very few persons can carry a piano all by themselves."