[Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 13:31:59 +0200

Thomas Keller wrote:
Sorry, but just ranting that "something doesn't work" or "something is missing" doesn't bring you anywhere if you're working with an Open Source tool.

Well, don't be too harsh, it's not like we don't accept suggestions as well, but the fact is: they are two different system, very different and based on different assumptions. So it's *NORMAL* they are not "just the same", it's *normal* that one seem strange when one is used to the other, just like Gnome may seem absurd to KDE-users and KDE seem absurt to Gnome-users. This does not mean one or the other "just suck", OTOH.

What we really need to improve mtn is the "basic use case" behind that behavior, not the "missing perfect-equivalence command line options"...

    Lapo