Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: OpenEmbedded looking to jump ship
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 23:14:46 +0200

Bruce Stephens schrieb:
Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

Oh, I'm sure we're all quite happy to accept your patches, detailed
bug reports and are of course willing to look over any feature
branches you may have been prepared!

AFAIK there's no reason to believe that the people complaining have
any interest in developing version control systems.  Rather, they're
indicating that monotone seems like it's getting in the way more than
git would.

Ok I got it. Sorry for the noise from my side and sorry for my reaction. I just had the perception that we do not aim to copycat git - if I wanted to know what monotone can and cannot do in comparison to git, I guess a look into their manual would have taught me as well. Maybe I have this syndrome called "fed up with feature requests which nobody implements anyways" (look at the "Ideas" wiki pages...), but then again, I probably do a lot people wrong who actually care about implementing one or the other thing on these lists.

And yes, maybe OE is indeed better off with git.

Thomas.