Re: [Monotone-devel] Speedup chances

From: Markus Schiltknecht
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Speedup chances
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 10:16:05 +0200

Hi,

Christof Petig wrote:
The problem at hand is the malloc and memset overhead introduced by
using a dynamic buffer.

Huh? Why do we use memset there? malloc() hardly makes for a 40% speedup, does it?

The botan decoder might as well be used by the specialized functions
which give 40% speedup, but I was unable to decode the botan manual.

So you are saying it's not botan which is slow, but our use of it, calling malloc() and memset() within monotone, before invoking botan, right?

Regards

Markus