[Monotone-devel] Re: Speedup chances

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Speedup chances
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 12:20:24 +0200

Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind: instead of trying hard to squeeze out the last bits of performance from the decoder, it might rather be possible to avoid en- and decoding steps completely by using a binary roster format - thus also storing binary hashes.

That's my line too, and also of thm as far as I understood.
Problem is: changing the roster format is more difficult than optimizing de {en,de}coder of course ;-)

   Lapo