monotone world domination. Was: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export

From: hendrik
Subject: monotone world domination. Was: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:38:21 -0500

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:22:03AM -0700, Derek Scherger wrote:

> You are definitely underestimating the mtn world domination plan (tm).

Part of it is, presumably, convincing people that monotone is not a
trap, that they feel safe.  This monotone -> git transformer does this.

We also need to ensure popular systems aren't a trap either, so those
stuck with them can escape fo monotone if they want.  We'll need a
git->monotone, preferably compatible with the monotone->git for
round-trip revisions.  And an anything-popular->monotone conversion.

Ideal would be for monotone to have a git front end, so that is can
transparently serve as a git server if necessary.

This is probably a lot of work.

-- hendrik