Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] git fast-export
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:31:51 +0100

Hi,

Derek Scherger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM, Markus Wanner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> (I'd also love to see the underscore in cvs_import and git_export
>> vanish. But that's another issue..)
>
> Just following up on this. What would you prefer instead (replace the
> underscore with dashes) or subcommands (like ls foo) of cvs and git (mtn cvs
> import, mtn git export, etc.) ?

Please note that this is not exclusive to your patch, but involves more
general redesign and cleanup of the mtn commands.

In this case, yeah, IMO it would be nicer to have a sub-group of "mtn
cvs" and "mtn git" commands.

 mtn git export
 mtn cvs import
 mtn hg pull (one fine day)
 mtn git pull (another fine day)

Or, we decide that single commands are better and turn everything into
an underscore writing. I personally don't think these look very compelling:

 mtn ls_branches
 mtn db_init

The point here is UI consistency. But that certainly needs more thought
and discussion. I don't really want to get into it now. Maybe on the
Mini-Summit?

Regards

Markus Wanner