Re: [Monotone-devel] "memory access violation" in win32 0.42 when cancel

From: Daniel Atallah
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] "memory access violation" in win32 0.42 when canceling blocked `mtn diff --external` using Ctrl+C
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:31:40 -0500

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Zbigniew Zagórski <address@hidden> wrote:
> Daniel, you must have custom "external_diff" hook, could you send it
> together with output of failed monotone execution with --debug flag ?

I do have an custom hook (but it isn't all that weird, as you can see):

function external_diff(file_path, data_old, data_new, is_binary,
diff_args, rev_old, rev_new)
   local old_file = write_to_temporary_file(data_old);

   local path = "c:/Program Files/TortoiseSVN/bin/TortoiseMerge.exe"
   local ret = execute(path,
                          string.format("/base:%s", old_file),
                          string.format("/basename:%s", rev_old),
                          string.format("/mine:%s", file_path))

   os.remove (old_file);
end

The debug output from the following command:
  C:\devel\pidgin-devel\pidgin>"c:\Program Files\monotone\mtn.exe"
diff po/Makefile.mingw --external --debug 2>
mtn_diff_external_debug.txt
is available here:
http://pidgin.im/~datallah/mtn/mtn_diff_external_debug.txt

It appears to be the same issue as Marcin W. Dąbrowski is experiencing.

> What shell do  you use ?

I originally was using bash in cygwin (with the native mtn.exe), but I
subsequently tested the issue with cmd.exe and it also occurred there
(and that is how I obtained the above referenced debug log).

> Do you confirm this kind of strange monotone behaviour or you have
> clean crash CTRL+C === monotone crash ?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I do see the same behavior if I try
to Ctrl+C while a commit is waiting on the external editor if that
answers your question.

Thanks,
Daniel