monotone-users

Re: [Monotone-users] Getting the sourece code for the latest monotone?

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-users] Getting the sourece code for the latest monotone?
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 14:59:18 +0200

Am 07.10.2010 14:04, schrieb Masatake YAMATO:
> How can I get the sourece code for the latest monotone?
> I''ve tried to get and I got some troubles. I'd like to
> know this to developers.

I'm very sorry that you had so much trouble. While code.monotone.ca's
IDF instance already states that you can use mtn:// style URIs with the
clone clone, this does only work from 0.99 onwards which is released
this fall (i.e. in the next couple of weeks). Until then you have to
pull and checkout manually (with 0.48):

  $ mtn db init -d :monotone
  $ mtn pull -d :monotone \
     'mtn://code.monotone.ca/monotone?net.venge.monotone'
  $ mtn co -d :monotone -r h:net.venge.monotone

Sorry again for the inconvenience.

> In addtion I tried following commands but they didn't work:
>
>     % mtn pull code.monotone.ca/monotone
>     mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
>     mtn: connecting to code.monotone.ca/monotone
>     mtn: Received warning from usher: No server for pattern
> 'net.venge.monotone'
>     mtn: peer code.monotone.ca/monotone IO terminated connection in working
> state (error)
>     mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer code.monotone.ca/monotone,
> disconnecting
>
>     % mtn pull code.monotone.ca/monotone net.venge.monotone
>     mtn: setting default include pattern for server
> 'code.monotone.ca/monotone' to 'net.venge.monotone'
>     mtn: setting default exclude pattern for server
> 'code.monotone.ca/monotone' to ''
>     mtn: doing anonymous pull; use -kKEYNAME if you need authentication
>     mtn: connecting to code.monotone.ca/monotone
>     mtn: Received warning from usher: No server for pattern
> 'net.venge.monotone'
>     mtn: peer code.monotone.ca/monotone IO terminated connection in working
> state (error)
>     mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer code.monotone.ca/monotone,
> disconnecting
>

> 'mtn pull' worked fine after adding
>
>     mtn        4691/tcp                # Monotone Network Protocol
>     mtn        4691/udp                # Monotone Network Protocol
>
> to /etc/services. The lines for monotone were already there:
>
>     monotone        4691/tcp                # Monotone Network Protocol
>     monotone        4691/udp                # Monotone Network Protocol
>

> Do you think this is bug of /etc/services?
>
> I don't think so. /etc/services is distributed so widely, I think mtn command
> should lookup "monotone" service if "mtn" cannot be found.

Hrm... this is an interesting problem I never came across myself. Thomas
Moschny is also Fedora user - Thomas, did you stumble across this one
before?

Best regards,
the "other" Thomas.