Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] new talks

From: Stian Soiland-Reyes
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] new talks
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 10:31:40 +0100

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 22:08, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Second, please don't put that many 'windows vista like' screenshots.
> I really hate them.
> They gave me the feeling that myExperiment was just another 'just for cool
> windows-mac and java programmers' thing, so well, maybe we other OS users
> are weird people, but we exist anyway.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "Vista like screenshots" -
most of the screenshots are from the myExperiment website - which
should look the same no matter what is your operating system. I don't
think any of the screenshots are from Vista.

The design of the myExperiment website is "Web 2.0 like" because it's
a web 2.0 site. If you wanted to instead make a site with Solaris-like
1980s widgets then go ahead - the source code is all open and free for
you to play around with.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes, myGrid team
School of Computer Science