Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] new talks

From: Paolo Missier
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] new talks
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:47:57 -0400

Hi,
this is now clearly yet another instance of old slideware format issues, and nothing to do with myExperiment. It may not be a good idea to mix the two, especially as it just creates noise on the list.

I use Openoffice/Neooffice and I appreciate having access to the .ppt files because, although they are not rendered as expected, I know I can reformat and reuse them as part of other myGrid talks, with the original author's permission. For read-only purposes by the broader public, pdf should be good enough as an export format. If not, I'd say we'll gladly accept volunteers who are keen to reformat .ppt files using OpenOffice. I may be doing that myself occasionally, although honestly I have little time for this, as well as for reading further emails about this issue.

Regards, -Paolo

--
Dr. Paolo Missier