Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Gobleisation: Global Goble

From: Sean Bechhofer
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Gobleisation: Global Goble
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:46:19 +0100

On 9 Apr 2009, at 12:12, Duncan Hull wrote:

Paolo

On 8 Apr 2009, at 19:50, Paolo Missier wrote:

ah, this must be England... how can a topic that feeds off a 2- pager story on Carole and myGrid end up in a discussion on football, i.e., the very last line of the last paragraph in the story ...:-)

But Paolo, you are Italian! As current world champions, how can you say such a thing about the beautiful game?

It's best to leave the last word to Mr Bill Shankly

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Shankly

And don't forget Camus:

"After many years during which I saw many things, what I know most surely about morality and the duty of man I owe to sport and learned it in the RUA." [1]

        Sean

[1] http://www.camus-society.com/camus-football.htm

--
Sean Bechhofer