nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Bug in ^W

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Bug in ^W
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:09:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:42:54AM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> * disable SIGSTOP so ^S doesn't halt nano until ^Q
>
>What?  Why?

It didn't seem to do anything useful.  Since then, though,
I've tried a few other text editors (elvis, vim, jed, joe,
and jove) and only elvis blocks SIGSTOP without having ^S
reserved for a function (but even then adds a ^S
character), so I guess the Right Thing to do is not to
block it unless there's a function reserved for it.  I'll
remove it.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag