nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] after an external spell check, the mark has moved

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] after an external spell check, the mark has moved
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 10:45:55 +0100

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015, at 00:54, Mark Majeres wrote:
> > It seems to work fine, yes.   But... it causes a segfault in some
> > weird situation.  To reproduce, have «set speller "aspell -x -c"»
> > in your .nanorc and run 'src/nano +2222 NEWS'.  Then type:
> >
> > <Back>  M-A  <Back>  ^T  <Forward>  <Forward>  ^T
> >
> > Segmentation fault.
>
> new patch is attached

Yes, that appears to work perfectly.  Thanks!

A small thing: your patch sets openfile->current_y twice.
I've removed the first occurrence, and it still seems to
work fine.  Also I've swapped the position of the second
occurrence, for similarity with restoring the mark, and
then too it still seems to work fine.  But maybe I am
overlooking something?

Also, before the chunk of right_side_up that you snipped,
the comment now doesn't make sense, and the line that says

    if (openfile->fileage == openfile->filebot)
        bot_x += top_x;

now seems pointless to me.  So I think it can also be removed,
right?

Attached is a tweaked patch, updated for current SVN.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A fast, anti-spam email service.