Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:01:15 -0500

>I didn't get to see what was inserted in the message I sent before, I
>didn't cc it to myself, and the list replaces the Sender with one of
>its own choosing (and without altering the Message-ID, which is broken
>behaviour, not that that is relevant to nmh).

Well, the off-list copy you sent me had:

Sender: address@hidden

>MH knows that it is going to be installed on systems that aren't
>"correctly" configured (whatever your idea is on what that should be)
>but needs to work anyway, that's what a lot of the masquerade stuff is
>about - it allows the person who installs nmh (MH) to configure it to do
>the right thing, when the default code, that extracts the info from the
>system, cannot possibly work.

Well, AFAICT you'll still be able to configure it to put whatever
you want in there.  I don't see how turning on draft_from support
always changes any of this.  nmh may be broken now, but my proposed
changes wouldn't change the brokenness.  I lack the energy to solve
this problem completely; you are of course welcome to contribute
code.  And if you really hate this behavior ... well, there's always
spost :-)