Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] masquerade settings & spost
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 01:53:04 -0500

>Please don't reduce nmh to being just another mailer in the "as long as
>it works with outlook it is OK" camp that so many others have fallen
>into.  It must continue to be semantically, as well as syntactically,
>correct.  Even if the code to do that is not easy to make work, or
>understand.

Well, here's the problem ... it's easy for you to say that, isn't it?
I mean, you're not the one doing the coding. :-/  (But hey, if you
ARE willing to do the coding, I'm not going to stand in your way.  In
fact, that would be great.)

It's not that I disagree with the theory ... but it's running up
against the cold hard reality that a) we have people clamoring for
features like being able to select between different mail identities,
and b) my development time is limited.  So ... we have to make some
hard choices.  And based on the previous discussions we've had over
the past few weeks, I think that the choice has already been made.