nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Translation of QuickStart in Japanese

From: Kazuya FUKAMACHI
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Re: Translation of QuickStart in Japanese
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 08:34:57 +0900

On Mon, 09 Sep 2002 16:18:27 +0200
Juan David Ibáñez Palomar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Start by the PO files. Localizer 0.9.1 is going to be delayed
> few days, if your PO files are ready by then they'll be included.

I've already translated PO file into Japanese.
I will send it to you via personal mail.

> I think so. I've started to move my desktop from ISO-8859-1
> to UTF-8, it's a pleasure to see the japanese characters in
> the console, even if I don't understand anything.

I need Windows console application that can render UTF-8,
I mean alternative of cmd.exe and also telnet application.
If you know such application, please let me know.
It should be better to move my desktop to Linux,
but some translation tools only work on Windows...

> >When I  localize Zope product, first thing to do is grep -i iso-8859 and
> >also search such code,  "if ord(c) <= 31 or ord(c) >= 127:" (grin)
> >We, double byte character set users,  need 8bit through coding.

I found a little problem, not source code, but locale.pot
 It seems no entry for "save" and "Only untranslated messages"
 for Message tab. So, it would not be translated.
 I added two of them in my ja.po file.

Regards,
Kazuya Fukamachi