Re: Question

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 17:17:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, John W. Eaton wrote:

> The compiler is supposed to insert the string constructor
> automatically.  I'd suspect that at least that part is correct.

When I ran gdb, and tried to read the passed variable, it told me
incomplete type.  That's why I thought maybe it had been constructed
wrong, and the ref value was wrong (it might be trying to free a class
instance that hadn't been created).  The constructor is NOT called,
according to gdb.

> | I can and will perform any tests you can imagine, and would in fact be
> | pleased to work off any guesses you can come up with.  The platform is
> | FreeBSD-current, using gcc 2.7.2.1.
>
> My guess is that the copy of libstdc++ you have is out of sync with
> the version of the compiler or include files that you used to build
> Octave.

It's the libg++ 2.7.2, and there wasn't a libg++ 2.7.2.1 (2.7.2 was the
one that covered that release).  Does your software require something
more recent?  The compiler were using is 2.7.2.1, and we're not going to
be upgrading real quick here.

I'll try more experimentation, I wish I felt as at-home with C++ as with
C, but I'm not entirely lost.

address@hidden         | communications topic, C programming, and Unix.
213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run Journey2 and picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (NetBSD).