Re: A group in Norway starts to develop support for multidimensional arr

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: A group in Norway starts to develop support for multidimensional arrays in Octave.
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 21:01:10 -0500

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 08:39:57PM -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> Another possiblity is to do away with the 2.0.x series and just have
> one.  It would not be labeled "stable" or "development" or anything

Yep, the gap between 2.0 and 2.1 is so big that I'd be surprised if anyone
wanted to look after the old one.

*But* to reiterate what Andy suggested a few days ago: call the next one
after 2.1.49 a fresh 2.2.0 which will then be "stable". 2.0 will be taken
behind the barn.

Someone may even maintain 2.2 aka stable while you and other contributors
continue on a fresh 2.3 / 3.0 branch with all the exciting new developments
talked about here.

So can we have our cake and eat it too?

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.