Re: merging functions from octave-forge

From: Bill Denney
Subject: Re: merging functions from octave-forge
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:17:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

I've set a few paths in my system-wide octaverc file (so, e.g,
www-data will pick them up). They appear on the bottom of my path.
When I do a savepath and exit and start Octave again, they appear on
top and bottom of my path (and appear in my ~/.octaverc as
addpath("blah")).

What's the best way to deal with that?

This looks like it is because of the bug I mentioned in addpath. Since no one has mentioned a reason that addpath would work the way that it does, I'll probably try to fix it tonight.

Bill

--
"An education is not the filling of a vessel, but the kindling of a flame"
  -- Socrates