Re: merging functions from octave-forge

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: merging functions from octave-forge
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 15:29:15 -0400

On Jun 7, 2005, at 11:14 PM, Bill Denney wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Bill Denney wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Keith Goodman wrote:

When I do a savepath and exit and start Octave again, they appear on
top and bottom of my path (and appear in my ~/.octaverc as
addpath("blah")).
What's the best way to deal with that?

OK, here is the fix promised. It's a diff from current octave-forge cvs sources.

Changelog:
  Bill Denney 6/7/2005

addpath.m - it now makes sure that a directory is only in the LOADPATH
  once.

I fixed addpath in octave-forge.

The posted change is considerably different in that I made the interface compatible (i.e., only allow -begin/-end flag as the last parameter) and I used rmpath to purge duplicates. rmpath had some bugs which are now fixed. I added test cases.

If you want this code in Octave there are a number of things which need to be done, including using texinfo format on rmpath and using octave coding standards throughout.

- Paul