Re: fixes to convhulln.cc

From: Robert S. Weigel
Subject: Re: fixes to convhulln.cc
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 10:51:07 -0400

> P.S. I realized that one of the reasons people say Octave hasn't changed in
> a while is that the savannah site hasn't changed in a while.  Is that/was
> that/will that be?

Two other items:

(1) I searced Octave the other day on del.ici.ous (this is a measure of what
people are currently bookmarking) and

this
http://linuxgazette.net/112/odonovan.html

came just one link before two links to this

http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/matcompat/
(Last timestamp of 2001)

Although the matcompat page was not too high in the list, it is if one Googles
"Matlab Octave compatability".

(2) I came across this mention of Octave at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numerical_analysis_software

**[[GNU Octave]] is a near-clone of MATLAB, providing most of the
functionality of version 3 or 4 and can run scripts written for MATLAB with
some effort. ([[free software]], [[GNU]] [[GPL|GPL license]]).

and changed it to

**[[GNU Octave]] can generally run scripts written for recent version of
MATLAB; has an active user community. ([[free software]], [[GNU]] [[GPL|GPL
license]]).