branching for release?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: branching for release?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 05:25:23 -0500

Are there any bug reports that should be handled before I create a
branch for the release?

I know that there has been a small explosion in bug reports since I
first mentioned that we should release 3.4 soon.  It would be great to
fix more of these problems, but I think we are a somewhat understaffed
to win this whac-a-mole competition.

Are there any that are serious regressions from previous versions of
Octave that absolutely must be fixed before the release?

If we were to release today with the current sources, are there any
mind blowingly obvious problems that will affect nearly everyone who
runs Octave?