Re: README.MacOS

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: README.MacOS
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:26:15 +0100

On 25.01.2011, at 16:35, Jarno Rajahalme wrote:

> I just checked the status of my bug report with Apple regarding 64-bit BLAS.
> It is still open and unresolved. I also redid my check to confirm that the
> problem still exists. My test case is online at:
> http://www.macresearch.org/lapackblas-fortran-106#comment-17217
>
> Maybe the README.MacOS should state that:
>
> "As of OSX 10.6.6, blas (a part of Framework Accelerate) is not working
> correctly in 64-bit mode. Alternative blas library (such as ATLAS) has to be
> used for 64-bit builds."
>
> You may also want to add a reference to
> http://www.macresearch.org/lapackblas-fortran-106#comment-17217 , so that the
> presence of this bug can be verified with later OSX versions.
>
>  Jarno

Hi Jarno

I will test your patch from your previous mail and report to this list. Since
MacPorts' ATLAS has gcc44 as a library dependency and I have atlas
@3.8.3_4+gcc44 active, I assume it's better to try gcc44 (instead of gcc45)
first.

Do you have any suggestions how I have to build ATLAS (e.g. from MacPorts) such
that I can use it instead of the Apple version for my package? test_control.m
[1] succeeds when my oct-files use vecLib, but they fail [2] with MacPorts'
current ATLAS settings.

Lukas

[1]
http://octave.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octave/trunk/octave-forge/main/control/