Re: README.MacOS

From: Jarno Rajahalme
Subject: Re: README.MacOS
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:31:19 +0200

On Jan 26, 2011, at 0:45 , ext Lukas Reichlin wrote:

> Hi Jarno
>
> Here's the report I announced in my last post:
> I applied your patch and relocated the libstdc++.6.dylib thing to avoid
> conflicts with different variants of octave-devel. The new Portfile is
> attached to this message.
>
> garfield:~ lukas$ sudo port install -k octave-devel
> --->  Computing dependencies for octave-devel
> --->  Fetching octave-devel
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for octave-devel
> --->  Extracting octave-devel
> --->  Applying patches to octave-devel
> --->  Configuring octave-devel
> --->  Building octave-devel
> --->  Staging octave-devel into destroot
> --->  Installing octave-devel @3.3.90_1+gcc44
> --->  Activating octave-devel @3.3.90_1+gcc44
> --->  Cleaning octave-devel
> garfield:~ lukas$ sudo make check | grep FAIL
> make: *** No rule to make target `check'.  Stop.
>
>> :octave-3.3.90 $ sudo make check | grep FAIL
>
> I've tried every directory that Spotlight found for "3.3.90" but none of them
>  worked. Therefore I don't know how many tests of octave-devel would fail.

If the Portfile is from macports, then the build directory left with -k should
be at:

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_math_octave-devel/work/octave-devel-3.3.90/

If you are using a local portfile (see macport documentation), you should issue
"portindex" command on your local ports directory. Then, after installing with
"-k" option, the build directory should be at

ports/math/octave-devel/work/octave-3.3.90/

Where "ports" is your local ports directory.

cd to ports/math/octave-devel/work/octave-3.3.90/ then issue the "sudo make
check | grep FAIL" command.

  Jarno