Re: Successfully merged projects

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Successfully merged projects
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:34:05 +0100

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Jacob Dawid
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, for our purpose the QtOctave editor is sufficient, we don't need to
> support tons of languages. You may fork Quint on github and try to replace
> the NumberedCodeView-Widget with the QScintilla Widget.

And then what? Maintaining a Quint+QScintilla project in parallel?
That's not how I envision taking part to a project.

> I am not making
> expectations that I can't foresee, so to be honest, you may be right. But
> since I can't foresee if it's really that easy as the manual proposes, I
> better to stick to what my feelings are ;)

You'll never know if you dont' try. You're not in a situation like you need
to make a release tomorrow, are you? Maybe you should take time to
make the right design decisions first.

Michael.