Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Performance issues on Windows, suggests a MSVC build
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 13:03:20 +0200

søn, 26 06 2011 kl. 12:00 +0200, skrev Jacob Dawid:
> I build up my opinion based on results, not on considerations.
>
> 2011/6/26 Jacob Dawid <address@hidden>
>
>         2011/6/26 Michael Goffioul <address@hidden>
>                 OMG, I always considered myself as a "good" developer.
>                 Silly me.

Can we please moderate this discussion a bit? There is really no point
in calling a group of developers "bad" because they run a different OS
than you do.

Regarding results, then I know at least one Windows developer who,
amongst many great Octave contributions, implemented substantial parts
of the OpenGL plotting system. The quality of that code tells me that
"good" development can happen on non-Linux systems.

One of the things I always enjoyed about the Octave community is that
the tone is quite friendly. Can we please try to keep the friendly tone?

Thanks,
Søren