Re: Binary distribution

From: fork
Subject: Re: Binary distribution
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 21:57:56 +0000 (UTC)

Ben Abbott <bpabbott <at> mac.com> writes:

> I'm not sure if you're looking for help finding windows version of
fig2dev and pstoedit, or are just venting ... but, just in case it is
the former ...

Yeah, venting, perhaps inappropriately.  I found these, and started to
install stuff, then got frustrated and bored.  Tatsuro must have
bundled everying in 3.2.4, because it all automagically works.

> p.s. Have you tried installing Virtual box on you windows box? If
not it is a nice way to run Linux on windows.

Yeah -- the cool thing is that you have linux, but the uncool thing is
that then you have go back and forth from that.  To get my Unix tools,
I just run the git bash shell and emacs and getgnuwin.  It works ok --
I have grep when I want it...