Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window

From: Dr. Alexander Klein
Subject: Re: OSX: Limited mouse functionality in gnuplot window
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 07:47:34 +0200

Am 15.09.2011 um 16:25 schrieb Ben Abbott:

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of 3.2.4 running on my Mac to experiment with. Thus, we're running different versions of Octave, and MacOS. Given the difference in appearance, it looks like we're running different x11 apps as well. Where did you get your x11 from?

Ben,

I have XQuartz 2.6.3 (http://xquartz.macosforge.org/ ) installed, at least on my MBP with OSX 10.5.8.

Any chance you use MacPorts? If so, you can upgrade to Octave 3.4.x (which I am able to run).

I usually try to stay away from that, because I never really know if the maintainers apply additional patches to get the software running. I've run 'manually' compiled versions of octave, gnuplot, gcc and a bunch of other things for several years now, and this keeps me at least somewhat up to date as far as building and installing software on unixoid systems is concerned.

On the other hand, I have Ubuntu running in Virtualbox anyway, so I may just refer to that for the absolutely latest version of octave until my current build problems disappear.

Thanks anyway,

        Alex

--
          Dr. Alexander Klein, Diplom-Mathematiker

Physiologisches Institut       |               TransMIT Zentrum
Raum 543                       |        für Numerische Methoden
Aulweg 129                     |          Heinrich-Buff-Ring 44
35392 Giessen                  |                  35392 Giessen