Re: Unidentified developer

From: Daryl Lee
Subject: Re: Unidentified developer
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:06:33 -0700

On Nov 9, 2013, at 6:36 PM, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2013, at 23:41, Daryl Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> sudo port install octave
>
> that means you are installing octave 3.2.4 which is obviosly not what you
> want to do.
> The test portfile is called "octave-local" in order to not shadow the
> existing ports
> in the main repository named "octave" and "octave-cevel" so you should use:
>
> sudo port install octave-local
>
> c.

(As I said, my first venture into macports land...)

1. I had a spelling error in sources.conf.

2. After fixing that, re-running portindex, and then "sudo port install
octave-local", I get a long string of dependencies, ending in this:

--->  Computing dependencies for llvm-3.0
--->  Fetching distfiles for llvm-3.0
Error: llvm-3.0 is not supported on Mavericks or later.
Error: org.macports.fetch for port llvm-3.0 returned: unsupported platform
Please see the log file for port llvm-3.0 for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_llvm-3.0/llvm-3.0/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
Error: Unable to execute port: upgrade libgcc failed

Here is an excerpt from the main.log file referenced:

:notice:fetch --->  Fetching distfiles for llvm-3.0
:debug:fetch Executing proc-pre-org.macports.fetch-fetch-0
:error:fetch llvm-3.0 is not supported on Mavericks or later.
:error:fetch org.macports.fetch for port llvm-3.0 returned: unsupported platform
:debug:fetch Error code: NONE
:debug:fetch Backtrace: unsupported platform
    while executing
"$pre $targetname"
:info:fetch Warning: targets not executed for llvm-3.0: org.macports.destroot
org.macports.fetch org.macports.checksum org.macports.extract
org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build
:notice:fetch Please see the log file for port llvm-3.0 for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_lang_llvm-3.0/llvm-3.0/main.log

Let me know what to try next.

--
Daryl Lee
Amateurs train until they get it right; professionals train until they can't