Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:19:03 -0800 (PST)

c.-2 wrote
> On 9 Jan 2014, at 15:46, c. <

> carlo.defalco@

> > wrote:
>

>>> so I agree with Jordi and Carnë. As long
>>> as the other packages are easily accessible (an archive)
>>
>> If they are not listed they will not be easily accessible.
>
> maybe we could make a separate page named "archived packages"
> on the the OF website?
>
> Or rather move the currently most used/requested/downloaded packages
> to a "main packages" section?

That would be good - having a section with packages marked "actively
maintained" and another section (more to the bottom) marked "currently
unmaintained".
We could have still another section "archived" for the really outdated
cruft.

I do agree with Carnë & Jordi that we should be careful with Octave's and
Octave-Forge's reputation.

BTW I think I saw several dummy packages listed.

Philip