Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge

From: Alexander Barth
Subject: Re: Removing packages from Octave Forge
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 17:02:37 +0100

Dear all,

Are there confirmed reports that those packages do not work anymore in recent versions of octave?
I think that we should base the decision of removing package on reported bugs and not on release date. Otherwise we risking that a old but functional package is getting deleted (or hidden).

Before removing a bogus package, I think that the maintainer should be contact to give him a last chance to fix the bugs.

Regards,
Alex