Re: New package

From: Markus
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 17:45:31 +0200

Am 2014-07-24 14:56, schrieb dkeck:
I'd like to know who is responsible for Octave in this field (John W. Eaton
alone?).

well, pity for your hard work...
Just port your oct files to mex files...primary "for matlab" ;) No one will blame you if those files are compileable by octave too. Furthermore, I think a snappy jit-compiler helps people more than gpu computation...

gumlym wrote
Couldn’t I have a different license for that? in the GPLv3
*
exceptions
*
 can be added. Cant that be done?

In the help file [1] I found its already answered that exceptions such as
'GPL linking exception' or 'Multi-licensing' will not be done to allow
linking to proprietary software (e.g. to CUDA).
But if this strong decision wasn't made who would then be in charge of
ratifying such *exceptions* for the GNU Octave project?

[1]
http://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#I_wrote_a_program_that_links_with_Octave_libraries_and_I_don.27t_want_to_release_it_under_the_terms_of_the_GPL._Will_you_change_the_license_of_the_Octave_libraries_for_me.3F