Re: New package

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: New package
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:17:19 -0400

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:10:43 -0400, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2014, at 10:37 AM, Mike Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> When you are writing your own code, you can make whatever licensing
>> choices or exceptions you choose to. You have pointed out that other
>> projects may have made those choices. But if you want to [DISTRIBUTE] your
>> code with Octave, which is what an oct-file is, it must be compatible
>> with the license of Octave's libraries, which is GPLv3 with no
>> exceptions.
>
> Mike, I assume you meant "distribute", not "link".

Thanks :) I meant "link your code with Octave and distribute to
others". I meant to compare to writing one's own project from scratch
that does not use Octave, in that case it probably could be licensed
however the author likes and grant an exception for linking with CUDA
libraries if necessary. That seemed to be the model that Guillermo was
pointing to.

--
mike