Re: octave-4.0.0-rc2 windows binary seems to be uploded

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: octave-4.0.0-rc2 windows binary seems to be uploded
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 07:01:38 -0400

On Thu, 2015-03-26 at 08:17 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I think that an early contact with calculus and programming is
> important for students' learning cursus.

I think there are far better programming languages than Matlab and
Octave. I see Octave's purpose as giving people the ability to run
existing Matlab code, but the overall goal in my opinion should be to
move to better programming languages. For teaching purposes, I would
consider Python instead:

    http://hplgit.github.io/edu/uiopy/sphinx-fenics_minimal2/index.html

If you must teach Octave to your students, I hope you really do teach
Octave, and not Matlab. I deem it a great disservice to indoctrinate
students to become Mathworks serfs. Bruce Schneier's commentary also
applies here:

    https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2012/12/feudal_sec.html

- Jordi G. H.