Re: Searching bug reports (was: Re: Item groups in bug tracker: "incorre

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Searching bug reports (was: Re: Item groups in bug tracker: "incorrect result" too broad, and masked by "regression")
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 08:19:11 -0500

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 1:56 AM, LachlanA <address@hidden> wrote:
John W. Eaton wrote
> On 01/11/2016 08:20 PM, LachlanA wrote:
>
>> Finally, (just my ignorance) does anyone know how to search among only
>> open
>> bugs in Savannah?  When I search, it ignores the Display Criteria
>> settings.
>
> I think the best way to do this is to use the "browse bugs" page, not
> the "search" page.

Yes, I should have been more concrete.  I don't know much of the Octave
codebase, but have recently studied the dbstop code.  I was trying to search
for all open bugs related to dbstop.  That is why I want to search, rather
than browsing all open bugs.

My guess is that it is a Savannah limitation, so I'll just live with it.

Cheers,
Lachlan

as with many sites, you can always try to use google site specific search to try to work around local search limitations.  bugs.octave.org redirects to http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

so the following search should pick up the dbstop mentions that you're looking for (unfortunately along with any other bug mentioning or using dbstop):

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22dbstop%22+site:%22savannah.gnu.org%2Fbugs%2F%3Fgroup%3Doctave%22

nickj