Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Abhinav Tripathi
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 11:48:24 +0530

Hi,
Thanks to Tatsuro, I was able to install many of the required packages to MSYS2 environment....
Although I have a few questions:
(Keeping in mind that I want to build PyTave such that it can later be distributed and built for users on windows like other octave packages)
.
1) Should I use mingw64 toolchains (gcc/python...) for building PyTave or the gcc I get with 'pacman -S gcc' would do?
.
2) While building on MSYS2, should I prefer calling .exe files or linux executables of the same program (python.exe or python)?
.
3) PyTave has libboost-python as dependency. Should I build boost on windows (from source) and then use it somehow on MSYS2 or should I build boost from source on the unixy environment of MYSY2?
If both would give the same result, which should be preferred?
I have to build it from source as 'pacman -S libboost-python' could not install it. Is there some other way to do it. (perhaps copy the files from my ubuntu machine?)
.
.
Abhinav

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Abhinav Tripathi <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jun 6, 2016 1:55 PM, "Tatsuro MATSUOKA" <address@hidden> wrote:
> Abhinav
>

> OK. I have delete it.
> I hope my binary will be useful for you.
>
> If you have questions for handing for Msys2 and its combination octave binaries,
> please let me know through the list.

Definitely. I'll try building pytave and using your binary in evening. I'll let you know if I stumble upon some error.

Thanks,
Abhinav