Request for Comments: Release 4.2

From: Rik
Subject: Request for Comments: Release 4.2
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2016 13:32:46 -0700

All,

The Octave maintainers are considering a 4.2 release this fall in order to
coincide with the Debian 9 release.

To be included Octave would need to be ready for packaging by October
15th.  This suggests starting with a release candidate on September 1st.

Given that there are still 2 months of development time, what should the
priority projects be this summer?

Not that I know how to resolve it, but I would put Ctrl+C handling near the
top as well as any bugs in the build system.

Cheers,
Rik