Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: Default merged to stable for upcoming 4.2 release
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2016 08:39:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Oct 2016, c. wrote:

On 4 Oct 2016, at 14:55, Schöps, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:

I fully support this. Thanks! Let me know, if you need specific help with
something.

If you and Jacopo could test odepkg with the current release candidates and
prepare a release of the package that would be great!
Marco, how long would it take to merge chiara's new solvers into odepkg?

Hi, as Chiara said, she should be ready in a week or so. But, she wrote an
optional .oct function, faster than the corresponding .m function, which works only in the full real matrix case. She would need some help to write a template for managing all the other cases.

There is another point, which I supposed was in the bug tracker, but that I cannot find: in integrate_adaptive, the new dt uses (order + 1). In this case, order should be the order of the embedded method with lowest order. But it is 5 in ode45, and 3 in ode23. Am I wrong, or should it be fixed?

Marco