Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 22:55:08 -0800 (PST)

Valliappan C A wrote
> Hello everyone,
>
> As I introduced my self earlier, I'm a final year student majoring
> Electronincs & Instrumentation from BITS Pilani, India. I have strong
> coding skills and proficient in Matlab and C++.
> I am looking forward to take part in GSOC 2017, and I'm interested to work
> on idea- *improve logm, sqrtm, funm*
> I have been looking into the code base and found that it is well
> structured
> that help me a lot in becoming comfortable with the code base.
> I will start contributing to GNU-Octave soon, but it will be excellent if
> anyone can point out some issue just for start. Some pointers will be
> really helpful to start working on this module.
> Lastly I apologize if I have been rude in any manner.

A little while ago one of our Italian contributors/developers provided a
link to code that apparently has been worked on silently and looked already
in a very usable state.  A.o., AFAIR there was already a fairly complete
funm implementation.

I can't find the message now, but just search this maintainers ML as I think
it was mentioned here.

Philip