Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm

From: Mithil
Subject: Re: GSOC 2017 Idea Improve logm, sqrtm, funm
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 06:53:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all

I have been following the ideas posted on the thread and about the project
proposed. I need few clarifications about the same.

1) Why are some parts need to be implemented in C++?
2) Also, the implementation in [1] seems quite optimal. So are we going to
try and check whether other possible algorithms work better than implemented
ones?
3) Which functions are supposed to be implemented? [1] has implemented
expm,logm and sqrtm. [2] contains the implementation of cosm and sinm. [3]
contains the implementation of lambert function.

[1] https://github.com/RickOne16/matrix
[2]https://github.com/sdrelton/cosm_sinm
[3]http://riccati.dm.unipi.it/software/lambertw/lambertwmatrix.m

4) Lastly, would you mind to outline the timeline of the project briefly ?

Thanks
Mithil